- 2-4 sweetcorn cobs
- A good knob or two of butter
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil.
2. Strip the leaves and silky threads from your sweetcorn. Trim the pointy top and knobbly base, if needed.
3. Gently place the cobs into the boiling water. Boil for 10 mins or till just tender. Drain.
4. Place a large frying pan over high heat. Add a good knob of butter, enough to give the pan a nice gloss. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and chilli powder.
5. Shake any excess water off your cobs. Place in the sizzly, spiced butter. Let them sizzle and pop till they pick up a nice bit of colour all over. Add a little more butter to the pan if needed.
6. Serve warm. Delicious with steak, crispy onions and steamed runner beans.