- 2-4 sweetcorn cobs
- A good knob or two of butter
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Meanwhile, strip the leaves and silks off the sweetcorn cops. Trim the pointy top and knobbly base, if needed.
2. Gently add the cobs to the boiling water. Boil for 10 mins or till just tender, then drain.
3. Pop a large frying pan on high heat. Add a knob of butter and swirl it round the bottom of the hot pan to gloss. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and chilli powder (it’s spicy, so add as much or as little as you prefer).
4. Shake any excess water off the corn cobs. Carefully add them to the bubbling spiced butter. Let the corn sizzle and pop till it picks up a some colour all over. Add a little more butter to the pan if needed.
5. Serve the chilli corn cobs warm. They’re delicious on their own as a seasonal treat, or served with steak, crispy onions and steamed runner beans.