- BASE: 1 banana
- VEG: ½ courgette; 50g baby leaf spinach; 2 kale leaves; 50g beetroot; 1 carrot
- FRUIT: 1 apple; 1 pear; 200g mango/pineapple; handful of berries
- EXTRAS: pinch of cinnamon; ½ tbsp nut butter; 1 cm ginger/turmeric; 1 tbsp nuts/seeds/herbs
- LIQUID: 100-200ml milk/dairy-free alternative; 100-200g yogurt/dairy-free alternative
- A few ice cubes
10 mins + optional freezing
1. Peel and break the banana in to your blender. If freezing ahead of time, tip the frozen banana to your blender.
2. Peel and chop the veg as necessary and add it to the blender.
3. Peel and chop the fruit as necessary and add it to the blender.
4. Peel and grate or chop any extras as necessary and add them to the blender.
5. Splash in some of the liquid – you can add more later.
6. Drop in a few ice cubes and whizz till smooth, adding more liquid if necessary. Pour into glasses and serve.
7. COMBINATION INSPIRATION: a few of our favourite smoothie dream teams to get you started
Banana + Beetroot + Orange + Ginger
Banana + Kale + Mango + Turmeric + Sesame seeds
Banana + Carrot + Apple + Mint
Banana + Baby leaf spinach + Pineapple + Lime + Mint
Banana + Courgette + Strawberries + Basil + Maple syrup
8. EASY FREEZY: You can peel and chop excess or overripe bananas and store them in the freezer till needed. This will also give you a cooler, creamier smoothie. This recipe serves 1 but can be doubled depending on the size of your blender. You'll need a small handful of each fruit and veg, and can add your extra ingredients to taste.
Any left over smoothie can be poured into lolly moulds and frozen for a cool fruity treat frozen lollies