- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A drop of vanilla extract (optional)
- 400ml almond drink
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Add the cocoa powder, peeled banana, pitted dates, peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla (if using) to your blender or food processor. Whizz together, gradually trickling in the milk till the mixture is creamy and smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a pan. Simmer gently to warm it through, whisking frequently to give it a light, frothy consistency. Pour into mugs and enjoy.
3. No blender? You can chop and mash everything together on a large board to make a smooth paste. Scrape the paste into a pan, whisk in the milk and gently warm through. Strain the mixture through a sieve before serving. As you’ll be straining out some of the fruit, you might want to add a little agave syrup or sugar to each mugful to sweeten it.