- 3 ripe bananas (unpeeled weight 400g)
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 100g sultanas
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Line the base of an 25cm x 32cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Peel the bananas and break them into a food processor. Add the peanut butter, honey, egg and cinnamon. Add a small pinch of salt, then blitz together till smooth and combined. No food processor? Break the bananas into a bowl and mash till smooth. Add the other ingredients and beat together till combined.
3. Scoop the banana mix into a bowl. Add the oats and sultanas and stir to combine. Scoop the oaty mixture out onto the baking tin, flattening it down to make a smooth rectangle. Slide the baking tin into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins till golden brown.
4. When the oats are golden brown, take the tin out of the oven and slice into 18 bars with a butter knife. Set aside to cool and when completely cold, transfer to an airtight container. The bars will keep for up to 1 week in the tub.