- 4 ripe bananas, weighing approximately 400-500g unpeeled
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 450ml full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g milk chocolate
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Peel 2 of the bananas and pop them in a large, ovenproof dish. Mash them with a fork to make a chunky paste.
2. Tip the oats into the dish. Pour in the milk and add the vanilla extract with a pinch of salt. Top up with 450ml cold water and gently stir to mix everything together.
3. Roughly chop the bar of milk chocolate, then scatter ¾ of it over the porridge (keep the rest of the chocolate for later). Slide the dish into the oven and bake for 30 mins till the oats are thick and creamy.
4. Peel and slice the remaining bananas. Top the baked porridge with the sliced bananas and the remianing chocolate. Serve straight away.
5. Make It Vegan
Swap the milk for your favourite nut or oat milk, and swap the chocolate chips for vegan-friendly dark chocolate or use chopped nuts, such as walnuts or cashews instead. A spoonful of nut butter added to each bowl as you serve the porridge will make it extra rich and delicious.