- 125g almonds
- 400ml cold water + extra for soaking
Prep: 15 mins (plus overnight soaking) | Cook: nil
1. Tip the almonds into a large jar or lidded container and just cover with water. Pop the lid on and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 12 hrs. This helps the almonds go really creamy when blended.
2. In a hurry? Pop the almonds in a pan over a medium heat instead. Cover them with water and simmer for 10 mins.
3. Drain the soaked or simmered almonds. Rinse well and tip them into a food processor or blender. Blitz till chopped, then add 400ml cold water and bend for 2 mins.
4. Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl or jug. Pour the almond liquid into the sieve, pressing the chopped up almonds down in the sieve with the back of a spoon. Get as much of the liquid out as you can.
You can use the almond drink for our Banana Milkshake recipe: click here.
. Save the almonds in the sieve for making Oatmeal Cookie Truffles: click here.