- 175g medjool dates
- 100g-125g chopped almonds
- 125g oats, plus 4 tbsp to coat
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: nil
Makes: 16 truffles
1. Carefully remove and discard the stones from your dates. Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Whizz till it comes together into a sticky, oaty ball. Too sticky? Add more oats. Too dry? Add more juice. It should be slightly softer than playdough.
3. Use a spoon to scoop cherry tomato-sized balls out of the mix. Roll in your hands till smooth they make smooth rounds.
4. Put 4 tbsp oats on a plate. Roll the balls in the oats to give them an oaty coating. Transfer to a plate or tub. They're ready to eat straight away.
5. Eat Me, Keep Me
The truffles will keep for around 3-4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight and eat when they're soft.