- 175g medjool dates
- 100g-125g chopped almonds
- 125g oats + 4 tbsp to coat
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: nil | Makes: 16 truffles
For the Almond Drink recipe: click here.
For the Banana Milkshake recipe: click here.
1. Carefully remove and discard the stones from your dates. Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
2. Whizz till it comes together into a sticky, oaty ball. Too sticky? Add more oats. Too dry? Add more juice. It should be slightly softer than playdough.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out cherry tomato-sized balls of the mix. Roll in your hands till smooth.
4. Put 4 tbsp oats on a plate. Roll the balls in the oats to give them an oaty coating.
5. The truffles will keep for around 3-4 days in the fridge. Or freeze them, defrost and eat once soft.