- 4 individual meringue nests
- 250ml luxury pouring cream
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
- Orange, dates, brandy and cinnamon (or)
- Pomegranate and vanilla
1. This is really just an assembly job. All you need to do is whip your cream.
2. Pour into a large metal or glass bowl (plastic just doesn’t work as well). Whip with a whisk till thick and glossy – careful not to overwhip or it’ll split.
3. Now for the fillings. Below are three different wintery ideas, but experiment and create your own. We’d love to see your creations on our Facebook page.
4. For the orange and date combo: Swirl a touch of cinnamon into the cream, to taste. Carve the skin off the orange with a knife. Segment. Stone and thinly slice 1-2 dates. Toss with 1 tsp brandy. Pile the cream into the nests. Top with the brandied orange and dates. Dust with icing sugar.
5. For pomegranate and vanilla: Scrape the seeds from ½ vanilla pod. Swirl through the cream. Pile into the nests. Top with pomegranate seeds and a little drizzle of pomegranate juice.