- 500g strawberries (plus extra to garnish, if you like)
- 12 tbsp elderflower cordial (undiluted) or elderflower vodka
- 300g lemon drizzle loaf cake
- 250ml luxury pouring cream
- 200-225g crème fraîche
- Foraged elderflowers, to garnish (optional)
1. Rinse your strawberries. Hull them (pick out the stalks). Slice. Toss in a bowl with 4 tbsp of elderflower cordial/vodka.
2. Cut lemon cake into 1 cm-thick slices. Place in a single or double layer in the bottom of a big glass bowl, or divide between single serving dishes.
3. Drizzle 4 tbsp of your elderflower cordial/vodka over. Pile the strawberries and all your juices/soaking liquid on top.
4. Whip the cream till just thickened. Gently fold in the crème fraîche and remaining 4 tbsp elderflower cordial/vodka.
5. Smooth it on top of your trifle. Finish with fresh, foraged elderflowers (pick out any wild creatures first) or a layer of thinly sliced strawberries.
6. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins or overnight. Serve.