- 1 kg carrots
- A mug of freshly squeezed orange juice
- A bit of freshly grated orange zest
- A knob of butter or glug of olive oil
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- A handful of chives, chopped or thyme leaves
- A handful of flaked almonds or chopped whole almonds
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10-15 mins
1. Cut the carrots into batons. Arrange them in a single layer in a lidded frying pan or shallow pot. Add the orange juice and zest.
2. Cover. Cook over a medium-low heat for 10-15 mins. Shake the pan occasionally. Add more juice if needed to keep the carrots moist.
3. When the carrots are tender and the juice has reduced to a sticky glaze, remove the lid. Add a bit of butter or oil, and a pinch of cumin. Scatter over the chives or thyme and almonds to serve.