- 60g ground coffee
- A small chunk of dark chocolate
- 75ml double cream
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
Prep: 15 mins + chilling | Cook: nil
1. The cold brew coffee takes 8-12 hrs to brew, so start it the day before you want to drink the iced coffee. Tip the coffee grounds into a large jar or jug. Pour in 500ml cold water, stir to mix, then cover and leave to steep in the fridge for up to 12 hrs.
2. After 8-12 hrs, strain the coffee into a clean jar or jug through a fine mesh sieve lined with kitchen paper or muslin to catch any coffee grounds. Store in the fridge, ready to use. It will keep for up to 3-4 days in a sealed container.
3. When you want to assemble the coffee floats, coarsely grate a chunk of dark chocolate onto a plate. Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk till soft peaks form.
4. Pour the coffee into 2 large glasses. Carefully add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass, then spoon over the cream. Sprinkle over the grated chocolate and serve with spoons.