- 800g Brussels sprouts
- 2 clementines
- 100g butter
- 100g cubed pancetta
- Sea salt
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 17 mins
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts and trim off the bases so they’re neat and flat. Pull off any ragged leaves. Halve the sprouts.
2. Finely grate the zest from the clementines and juice them. Dice 100g of the butter.
3. Add a cube of the diced butter to a deep frying pan or wok and set over a medium-high heat to melt. Add the pancetta and cook on a medium-high heat for 10 mins, stirring often, till golden and crisp. Lift out into a bowl with a slotted spoon.
4. Add the remaining diced butter to the pan and turn the heat down to medium-low. Swirl the butter round the pan for 2-3 mins till it melts and turns a deep, nutty brown. Keep the heat medium-low and don’t overcook it – you want the butter to be a rich, caramel brown. When it’s turned and become nutty, stir in the clementine zest and juice.
5. Add the sprouts with a pinch of salt. Stir and fry for 4-5 mins so the sprouts are just tender, and are coated in the butter. Add the pancetta back to the pan and toss. Tip into a dish and serve.