- 4 apples (bramley works best)
- 6 medjool dates, stoned and finely chopped
- 20g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4-6 tbsp almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
- Double cream or vanilla (or butterscotch) yogurt, to serve
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Core the apples. Make a shallow cut (no deeper than 1cm) around the middle or equator of each – this lets it expand as it bakes. Pop the apples into a baking dish.
3. Mix together the dates, chocolate, nuts, cinnamon and brandy or juice. Use the mix into to generously fill the hollow cores of the apples.
4. Bake for about 40 mins, till the apples are tender and plump. Check halfway through cooking as smaller apples will cook a little faster. Serve the baked apples with dollops of yogurt or cream.