- 4 apples (bramley or other)
- 6 dates, stoned and finely chopped
- 20g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4-6 tbsp almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
- Cream or vanilla (or butterscotch!) yogurt, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Core the apple. Make a shallow cut (no deeper than 1cm) around the middle (circumference) of the apple – this lets it expand without exploding.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients. In a roasting dish, pack the mix into the cores of the apples – be generous!
4. Bake for about 40 mins, till the apples are tender and plump. Check halfway through cooking as smaller apples will cook a little faster. Serve with yogurt or cream.