- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 100g jumbo porridge oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 100g butter, cubed, or coconut oil
- 150ml honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- A handful of raisins, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the flour, oats and coconut in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. In a saucepan, melt the agave nectar and butter over a medium heat into a smooth mixture. Remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the boiling water. Add immediately to the butter mixture. It should foam up a little. Stir. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon till combined. Mix in the raisins
4. Scoop a bit of mix, roll it into a ball and squash flat onto the baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or till light brown. Leave on the tray to cool. They’ll be spongey at first, before crisping up into a more biscuity texture.