- For the plum & rum ripple:
- 250g plums
- 2 tbsp spiced rum
- 1 tbsp honey
- For the ice cream:
- 1 vanilla pod
- 454ml double cream
- 100ml spiced rum
- 2 tbsp honey
Prep: 30 mins + freezing | Cook: 10 mins
1. Start by making the plum & rum ripple. Remove the stones from the plums, then roughly chop the plums. Place in a pan with the spiced rum, honey and 2 tbsp water. Place on a gentle heat and simmer for 10-15 mins till the plums have collapsed and the liquid is syrupy. Leave till cool, then blitz in a food processor or blender till smooth. Set aside.
2. To make the ice cream, halve the vanilla pod. Scrape out the seeds into a bowl or onto a plate (keep the pod to add to a jar of sugar – this will infuse the flavour into the sugar). Set aside.
3. Whip the double cream – it should be the consistency of thick pancake batter: dropping but not stiff. Fold with the rum, honey and vanilla seeds till they're fully incorporated.
4. Pour the mix into a large, freezer-safe container. Spoon in the plum purée. Gently ripple it through the ice cream. Pop on a lid and place in the freezer for at least 4 hrs.
5. Remove from the freezer 10-15 mins before serving in scoops.