- 500g carrots
- A knob of fresh turmeric or 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 250ml ginger kombucha
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- Chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Trim and peel the carrots, then chop them into finger-length batons or 1cm-thick rounds. Peel and grate the fresh turmeric if you're using it (turmeric stains, so grate it onto a plate or a board you can wash straight away, and protect your clothes with an apron).
2. Fill a large pan with water, add the turmeric and bring to the boil. When the pan is boiling, add the carrots, pop on a lid and simmer for 5-10 mins till tender.
3. While the carrots simmer, pour 1 tbsp oil into a roasting tin and slide into the oven to warm up for 10 mins. Drain the carrots and tip them into the hot roasting tin. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper and roast for 20-30 mins till golden brown and charred at the edges.
4. While the carrots roast, pour the kombucha into a small pan and add the marmalade. Add a pinch more turmeric if you have it, set the pan on a medium-low heat and simmer till the sauce has reduced and is syrupy. Keep your eye on the pan and stir often. It will stay liquid for a while, then quickly reduce to make a sticky sauce. Take off the heat.
5. Tip the carrots into a serving dish, drizzle over the kombucha and marmalade glaze and serve.