- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp nut butter (we love cashew butter for this)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
- Splash of milk, yogurt or dairy-free alternative
Prep: 10 mins + freezing | Cook: nil
This recipe serves 1-2 people, but can be easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled.
1. Peel and slice a couple of bananas. Pop them into a freezer-proof tub or bag and freeze for at least 5 hrs over overnight.
2. To make the ice cream, tip the frozen bananas into a food processor. Add the nut butter and 1 tsp cocoa powder (if using). Pulse till the mixture is nearly combined. Trickle in the milk, yogurt or dairy-free alternative, till the mix is really smooth and creamy. Take care not to blitz for too long as the ice cream will melt.
3. Scoop the banana ice cream into a bowl or cone and serve straight away.
4. Eat Me, Keep Me
This recipes serves 1-2 people, but you can easily double or triple to feed a crowd. This ice cream is best eaten as soon as it's made. Popping it back in the freezer will affect the texture. If making a large batch to store, you may need to whizz it for a few secs in the food processor to make it smooth and creamy again.
5. Serving Suggestions
We love ice cream, but we're also pretty partial to a nice ice lolly. If lollies are your summertime treat of choice, we've got you, with recipes for whizzing your spare bananas into a delicious Banana Veg Box Smoothie
, then pouring into moulds to make fabulously fruity frozen lollies
6. Go Bananas For Extra Flavours
Raspberry Ripple: Banana + raspberries + yogurt + honey
Sesame Swirl: Banana + dates + tahini + cinnamon