1. Trim the bottom from your lettuce.
2. Separate the leaves. You may need to make a few more little cuts to pull them loose.
3. Pop into a colander. You may have to do this in batches.
4. Rinse well.
5. Shake excess water.
6. Spin in a salad spinner.
7. Or, lay out a clean tea towel. Arrange the damp leaves across half the cloth. Pat dry with the other half of the cloth.
8. If they’re still a little damp, make a tea towel parcel. Give it a little shake.
9. Line a bowl or plastic box with a clean cloth. This absorbs any excess moisture. Layer your leaves in. Blot any wet ones dry.
10. Cover with another tea towel or a lid. Et voila. Bagged (or boxed) salad. Washed and ready to eat.