- 2 large organic eggs, separated
- 50g caster sugar
- 100ml spiced rum
- 200ml full-cream milk
- 150ml double cream, or Berkeley Luxury Pouring Cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to serve
1. Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar for a few minutes with an electric whisk until pale, light and fluffy.
2. Gradually whisk in the rum or bourbon a little at a time, then whisk in the milk.
3. The mixture will separate over time, so it may need to be whisked again.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold the boozy egg mixture into the whites.
5. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape and fold that into the mixture as well.
6. Ladle into glasses and serve with a dusting of nutmeg.