- 300g banana (peeled weight)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 45g ground flax seed
- 320g jumbo porridge oats
- 70g omega seed mix
- 500g blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4. Line a 24cm x 24cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Peel the bananas and break them into a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and ground flaxseed and mash together with a fork or masher. Stir in the oats and mixed seeds. Mix well to combine, then set to one side.
3. Tumble the blueberries into a separate large bowl. Add the maple syrup and roughly crush with a fork to just burst the blueberries open. Alternatively, you can pop the blueberries and maple syrup in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to break them up.
4. Tip two-thirds of the banana and oat mix into the lined baking tin. Press it down firmly wiht the back of a spoon. Spread the blueberry mix over the top. Crumble over the remaining oat mix.
5. Slide the tin into the oven and bake for 20-30 mins till the top is golden, the base is set and the blueberries are bubbling. Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 12 bars or squares.
6. Eat & keep
These bars will keep in the fridge for 1 week in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight before eating.