- For the peaches:
- 50g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 ripe peaches
- A little oil, for greasing
- For the amaretto mascarpone:
- 250g mascarpone
- 15g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- 2 digestive biscuits
If it’s raining, you can cook these peaches under your grill at home. Grill them cut side up for 10-15 mins till caramelised and bubbling.
Prep: 15 mins + marinating, Cook: 10-15 mins
1. Stir the demerara sugar, amaretto, lemon juice and cinnamon together.
2. Halve the peaches. Twist them and gently pull apart. Scoop out the stones. Lay the peaches in a dish and spoon the amaretto marinade over them. Leave them to marinate at room temperature for at least 30 mins to a few hrs.
3. While the peaches marinate, make the amaretto mascarpone. Beat the mascarpone, icing sugar and amaretto together with a wooden spoon. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins. Crumble the digestive biscuits into a large bowl. Use a pestle or the end of a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs. Set aside.
4. Light your barbecue. It will take around 45 mins to get hot enough to cook on. When the coals are glowing white, it’s ready. Brush the grill with a little neutral tasting oil, like sunflower oil. Tip the marinade out of the peaches, then place them on the grill, cut side down. Barbecue for about 5 mins, till they have char lines. Gently turn them over and barbecue for 5 more mins till tender.
5. Serve the peaches hot off the barbecue with spoonfuls of the amaretto mascarpone, sprinkled with the biscuit crumbs and drizzled with the remaining amaretto marinade.