- 1kg carrots
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 50g butter
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Trim and peel the carrots. Halve them lengthways, then slice into long, thin batons around ½ cm thick. If you think they’re too long, halve them.
2. When the water boils, add the carrots. Cover. Simmer for 5 mins till they’re just tender. While they simmer, finely grate the zest from the lemon. Juice it. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
3. Drain the carrots. Put to one side. Wipe the pan so it’s dry. Pop it back on a low heat. Add the cumin seeds to the pan. Toast for 1-2 mins. Once they smell nutty and start to pop, tip the carrots back into the pan.
4. Add the lemon zest, half the juice and the butter to the carrots. Season. Stir to mix together. Taste and add more lemon juice if it needs it. Tip them into a dish. Pile on the chopped parsley to serve.