Abel & Cole
Wondering what to do with your Abel & Cole box or whether you can recycle your paper bag? Here's the low down on all of our packaging – what it's used for and what you should do with it.
Abel & Cole box and box dividers
- What's it used for? To collect all of your goods together, to be safely delivered in one go.
- What do I do with it? Leave your boxes and dividers out for the driver to collect during your next delivery. We reuse them again and again to cut down on packaging as much as possible. Nifty!
WoolCool® and its white bag
- What's it used for? To keep cold things cold and at the perfect temperature when they are dropped at your door.
- What do I do with it? Leave out with your boxes for our drivers to collect and reuse again and again.
Punnets (pulp or cardboard)
- What's it used for? For portioning up your fruit & veg and delivering it safely.
- What do I do with it? If your cardboard punnets are in good nick, leave them in your boxes for us to collect and reuse. Or, pop in your recycling bin.
Plastic bag (around your box)
- What's it used for? In wet weather we often protect your boxes using a plastic bag. We also do this to help prevent any unwanted furry visitors.
- What do I do with it? Re-use it as a bin bag or leave it with your boxes for us to collect. We will use it again if in good condition. If wet weather hits, you can use your bag to protect your boxes so that we can reuse them again and again.
Plastic bag (inside your box)
- What's it used for? This plastic bag is used to protect the wool lining as it provides a barrier to the moisture that can affect wool. It also provides a protective layer in case there are any spillages.
- What do I do with it? Re-use it as a bin bag or leave it with your boxes for us to collect and recycle.
- What's it used for? To protect your eggs when they're on the move.
- What do I do with it? Pop the box in your recycling bin or get crafty reusing the box for arts and crafts or growing seeds.
- What's it used for? Keeping cold things cold. Brrr…
- What do I do with it? Leave with your boxes for us to collect and reuse. Please, don't eat or open them!
- What's it used for? To close your reusable box so its contents stay nice and secure. Our twine is made from materials that would otherwise go to waste.
- What do I do with it? Wrapping presents, knitting, hanging decorations, tying plants to trellis, arts and crafts… the list goes on! Or put into your general waste bin.
Abel & Cole leafy greens bag
- What's it used for? To keep your lovely leaves together and prevent dehydration.
- What do I do with it? Leave with your boxes for us to collect and recycle.
- What's it used for? To get your preserves, sauces, and spreads to you safely contained.
- What do I do with it? Reuse your glass jars around the home or rinse it and recycle with your local council collection.
In the interests of Food Safety, if your cat or other pet has decided to use the boxes as a new bed, please don't return the boxes to us as we won't be able to re-use them.
Where possible, try to recycle everything that can be recycled by your home council and only return packaging that has been delivered by us. Any packaging that we send you that's home compostable (but you don't have a compost bin) or is industrially compostable can be sent back to us to deal with responsibly.
Look on Recyclenow for more information if you want to learn more. We'll be reviewing this page and updating it whenever we have more details to share about our packaging