Pear & Cocoa Muffins
Lovely and light, and packed full of pear.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 tbsp pear juice or water
- 400g pears, peeled and coarsely grated
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g plain white flour
- A large handful of chopped nuts, to sprinkle on top (optional)
*Vegan? Swap the egg for 50ml coconut milk.
1. Heat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Lightly oil the cups of a 12 hole muffin tin or use cupcake cases.
3. Beat the oil and sugar together till well mixed. Whisk in the egg, vanilla, cinnamon and juice or water.
4. Whip in the grated pear and cocoa powder, then the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
5. Add the flour. Gently fold it through the wet ingredients with a large spoon or spatula till just mixed.
6. Spoon the mix into your prepared muffin tin. Scatter chopped nuts over the top.
7. Bake for 15-20 mins, or till golden on top and cooked through in the centre. Use a small knife or toothpick in the centre to test.
You'll need to log in to leave a rating & comment