- ½ cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 150g Greek style yogurt
- 2 spring greens
- 2 spring onions
- A handful of wild garlic
- 120g feta
- 400g tin of green lentils
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 4 duck eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 ltr boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Chop the cucumber in half. Halve the remaining cucumber lengthways and use a teaspoon to scoop out and discard the seeds. Finely slice the cucumber into thin half-moons, and slide them into a bowl. Zest the lemon into the cucumber. Add the yogurt and a little salt and pepper. Mix and set to one side.
2. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Fill and boil your kettle. Trim any thick stalks from the spring greens. Shred the greens and tip them into a large, heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 ltr boiling water, or enough to just cover. Set aside for 3 mins, then drain the greens and rinse with cold water to cool them. Squeeze to wring out as much water as you can, dry the bowl and pop the greens back in.
3. Trim the roots and any dry tops off the spring onions, separating the white and green parts. Finely slice the white bits, setting the green parts to one side. Shred the wild garlic leaves. Add the white spring onions and wild garlic to the spring greens. Crumble in the feta.
4. Drain the lentils and stir them into the bowl. Finely shred the mint leaves and add most of them to the bowl, keeping a pinch back for later.
5. Tip in 2 tbsp flour and the breadcrumbs with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Crack in the duck eggs. Squeeze in the juice from 1 lemon half and add a little salt and pepper. Stir well to evenly mix.
6. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large ovenproof frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the frittata mixture. Press down with the back of a spatula or fish slice and fry for 2-3 mins till the frittata starts to set and come away from the sides of the pan. Slide the pan to the oven and bake for 12-15 mins, till the frittata is set.
7. Tip the frittata out of the pan and slice it into wedges. Serve with the cucumber yogurt on the side, garnished with the reserved mint leaves and spring onion greens.