- 200g leafy spring greens, such as cavolo nero, kale, spring greens or green cabbage
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 70g vegetarian Italian hard cheese
- 250g trofie pasta
- 1-2 tbsp chilli oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Fill a large pan with water and add a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil.
2. Trim any thick stalks off your choice of leafy spring greens then roughly chop the leaves into small pieces. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves. Finely grate the lemon zest and the Italian cheese.
3. When the water is boiling, tip in the trofie pasta and the greens. Simmer together for 6-8 mins, till the pasta is cooked with a slight bite and the greens are bright and just tender.
4. While the pasta cooks, pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan and warm over a medium-low heat. Slide in the garlic and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the garlic for 1-2 mins, stirring, till golden at the edges.
5. When the pasta and greens are cooked, drain them and add to the pan with the garlic. Add the grated cheese and lemon zest. Sqeeze over a little lemon juice and drizzle in the chilli oil. Swirl together till well combined. Taste and add more lemon juice, chilli oil, salt or pepper, if needed. Divide the pasta between plates and serve with more cheese sprinkled on top.