- 250g self raising flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 300ml milk
- 4 spring onions
- 340g tin of sweetcorn
- 120g feta
- Yogurt and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 12-15 mins
1. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 heaped tsp baking powder and 1 tsp turmeric. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon to combine. Pour 300ml milk into the flour, whisking as you add the milk, to make a smooth batter.
2. Trim the roots and and any ragged greens off the spring onions. Thinly slice the spring onions. Drain the sweetcorn. Add the spring onions and sweetorn to the batter. Crumble in the feta cheese. Fold the ingredients into the batter.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add generous spoonfuls of the batter to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Fry for 2-3 mins on each side, till puffed up and golden brown on both sides. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a warm plate and cover with foil. Repeat the frying process till all of the batter has been cooked. Serve the pancakes with sweet chilli sauce and yogurt.