- For the dough:
- 250g dark chocolate
- 40g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- Freshly ground pepper
- Zest of 1 orange (if using unflavoured chocolate)
- For the filling:
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp tahini
- 100g cream cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 mins
Makes 12-15 sandwiches or 24-30 individual biscuits
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Take care not to let the bowl touch the water.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar for about 5 mins till pale and thick.
4. Dust in the cocoa powder and pour in the melted chocolate. Add the fennel seeds, black pepper and orange zest if using. Fold together.
5. Dollop heaped teaspoonfuls of the mix onto a lined baking tray. Leave space between the biscuits as they will spread slightly during cooking.
6. Slide into the oven and cook for 8 mins. Leave to cool completely.
7. Beat together the butter, honey and tahini. When smooth, beat in the cream cheese.
8. Place a small spoonful of filling on the base of half the cooled biscuits. Place another biscuit on top.
9. Eat straight away or pop in the fridge. They will last for a few days if you can resist them that long...