- 50g tamari
- 1 tbsp honey
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 haddock fillets
- 2 spring onions
- A bunch of radishes
- 2 carrots
- A handful of coriander
- 1 chilli
- 2 bundles of brown rice noodles
- 1 lime
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Start by making your teriyaki marinade. Pour the tamari into a bowl and add 1 tbsp honey. Peel and grate in the ginger and 1 garlic clove. Stir together till well combined, then pour into a large dish.
2. Lay the haddock fillets in the dish and turn well to coat in the marinade. Set aside for 10 mins.
3. Trim the roots and top 3cm off the spring onions and finely slice them. Rinse the radishes and shake dry, then slice the roots from the leaves (keep the leaves for later). Slice each radish into quarters. Scrub and peel the carrots and slice into matchsticks. Thinly slice the coriander stalks (save the leaves for later). Halve the chilli, flicking out the seeds and pith for less heat, and finely chop. Peel and grate the remaining garlic clove.
4. Fill up a pan with boiling water and return to the boil. Sprinkle in a little salt. Add the noodles and cook for 3-4 mins, then drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water till cool. Drain again and set aside.
5. Set your grill to a high heat. Set a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and warm for 2 mins.
6. Lift the haddock out of the marinade and place on a baking tray, skin-side up. Slide under the grill for 4-5 mins, till the skin is crispy and the flesh flakes away when pressed with a fork.
7. While the haddock is cooking, pour 2 tbsp oil into the wok and stir in the carrots, radish quarters, coriander stalks, chilli, garlic and spring onions. Stir fry for 2 mins. Stir in the cooked noodles, radish leaves and any leftover marinade. Stir fry for a further 2 mins till warmed through.
8. Pile the noodles and veg onto plates and top with the grilled haddock. Finish with a scattering of coriander leaves and wedges of lime.