- A splash of olive oil
- 8 scallops
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A small nugget of butter
- A pinch of finely chopped fresh ginger
- A pinch of fresh red chilli or chilli powder
- A drop of soy sauce
- 1 lime
- A trickle of honey
1. Get a frying pan really hot. Add a splash of oil and then the scallops. Cook for just a minute or two, or till just golden, on each side. Season.
2. Remove scallops. Pop the pan back on the heat. Add the butter. Let it melt. Swirl in the ginger and chilli. Let it froth up for a second. Remove from heat. Drop in the soy, a squeeze of lime and the honey. Give it a swirl.
3. Pour over the scallops and serve. Perfect with griddled asparagus and/or a mound of lightly dressed seasonal leaves.