- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 limes
- 2 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- A handful of coriander leaves
- A pinch or 2 of toasted sesame seeds
Prep: 20-25 mins | Cook: nil
1. Halve the red and yellow peppers and scoop out the white pith and seeds. Finely slice the peppers. Trim the ends from the cucumber, slice it into 3-4 long pieces and then chop them into matchsticks. Add to the peppers.
2. Trim and peel the carrots and beetroot and coarsely grate them or slice them into matchsticks. Peel and finely slice the red onion. Add them all to the bowl with the peppers and cucumber.
3. Make the dressing by squeezing the juice from 1 lime into a small bowl. Add 2 tbsp chilli jam and 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger. Add 2 tbsp sesame oil and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine. Taste and add a little more chilli jam, sesame oil, lime juice or salt, if you think it needs it.
4. Pour the dressing over the 'slaw and toss to mix. Transfer to a serving platter and tear over fresh coriander leaves. Scatter over a pinch or two of sesame seeds and serve.