- 1.2kg pork loin joint
- 3 oranges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- A glug of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Any leftovers? Gently reheat the pork slices in any leftover orangey gravy. Top it up with some chicken stock if necessary. Delicious shredded and stuffed in a bap covered with our homemade Coriander & Lemon Grass Pesto. For the recipe click here.
1. Heat your oven to 160°C/Fan 140°C/Gas 3. Unwrap the pork. Pat dry. Let it get up to room temp.
2. Grate or pare the zest from one orange. Tip it in to a pestle and mortar. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Add it to the orange zest with 1 tbsp cumin seeds, a glug of oil and 1 tsp salt. Bash to a rough paste.
3. Massage the marinade all over the pork, including the skin, exposed ends and the underside.
4. Cut the oranges in half and place in a roasting tray cut side up. Place the pork loin on top.
5. Pop in the oven for 45 mins to render the fat down. Baste the meat with the orangey juices during cooking.
6. Turn heat up to 230°C/Fan 210°C/Gas 8 after 45 mins. Cook for 30 mins till the skin is crispy and bubbling.
7. Remove the meat from the oven. Pierce with a knife. The juices should run clear. If not, cook a bit longer. Put the pork on a large plate and cover. Let it rest for at least 30 mins or more before carving.
8. Squeeze the roasted oranges into the baking tray with the pork juices. Gently heat on a low heat on the hob.
9. Slice the pork and pour over the orange juices. To infuse the pork with even more flavour, place the slices into the orangey gravy, cover with foil and pop in the oven for 15 mins.