- For the ripple:
- 250g plums
- 2 tbsp spiced rum
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- For the ice cream:
- 1 vanilla pod (optional)
- 454ml double cream
- 100ml spiced rum
- 2 tbsp honey
Prep: 30 mins + freezing | Cook: 10 mins
1. Remove the stones from the plums and roughly chop them. Place into a saucepan with plums, honey, water and vanilla.
2. Place on a gentle heat and simmer for 10-15 mins till the plums have collapsed and the liquid is syrupy. Leave to chill. Blitz till smooth.
3. Halve the vanilla pod. Scrape out the seeds (keep the pod to add to a jar of sugar- this will infuse the flavour into the sugar).
4. Whip the double cream - it should be the consistency of thick pancake batter - dropping but not stiff. Fold with the rum, honey and vanilla seeds to incorporate them fully.
5. Pour the mix into a large, freezer-safe container. Spoon in the plum purée. Gently ripple it through the ice cream. Pop on a lid and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer 10-15 mins before serving in scoops.