- 4 handfuls of kale, cavolo nero, spinach or pak choi
- 1/2 mug of cashews
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thumb of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- A few slices of fresh red chilli
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- A trickle of sesame or olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
1. Give your greens a good wash. Remove any woody stems (especially for kale). Roughly chop the leaves.
2. Pop the kale and cashews in a food processor with the garlic, ginger, a few slices of chilli and soy sauce. Add a little grating of lime zest and a squeeze of juice.
3. Whizz till well mixed. Trickle in enough oil to bring it together. Taste. Adjust flavour (add more ginger, chilli, garlic, soy or lime, or more cashews) to your liking.
4. Keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days if you store in a jar with a layer of oil covering the pesto. Or freeze in an ice cube tray, defrosting and using as you need it.