- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g gnocchi
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 100g sheep's cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35-40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 210°C/Fan 190°C/Gas 7. Halve the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds. Chop it into small, bite-size chunks (no need to peel as the skin is edible, but you can if you prefer to). Toss all the squash into a large roasting tin. Drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to mix, then slide the tin into the oven. Roast for 10 mins.
2. While the squash begins to roast, peel the onion and chop it into around 8 wedges. Pop them in a bowl. Halve the pepper, scoop out the seeds and white pith and roughly chop it. Add to the onion. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl, along with the gnocchi.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into the bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the oil and seasoning.
4. Take the tin out of the oven. Tip in the gnocchi and veg. Toss to mix. Return the tin to the oven and roast for 20 mins.
5. Check the veg and gnocchi after 20 mins – the veg should be tender and starting to brown. Take the tin out of the oven and tuck in the baby leaf spinach. Dot the sheep’s cheese over the top of the veg. Drizzle over 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Return to the oven and roast for 10 mins till the spinach is wilted, the sheep’s cheese has melted and the veg are cooked through. Spoon the gnocchi, veg and cheese into warm bowls or plates and serve.