- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fennel
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- A bunch of radishes
- A handful of dill
- 200g asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 mins
1. Zest and juice the lemon into a large bowl. Swirl in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
2. Heat a dry frying pan. Tip in the fennel seeds and toast for 2 mins. Tip into the bowl with the lemon and oil. Add a pinch of salt and a good crack of pepper.
3. Using a veg peeler, shave thin whisps off the fennel. Trim the carrot and courgette. Peel into ribbons, turning the veg as you go and stopping when you get to the core. Finely chop the cores. Create ribbons of the asparagus too. Trim the radishes and finally slice them. Reserve the radish leaves.
4. Add all the ribboned veg to the bowl and toss together using your hands. Set aside to soak up the lemony marinade or a few mins.
5. Add the dill and radish leaves to the ribboned veg. Toss together and serve straight away.
6. Finely chop the dill, stalks and leaves. Roughly chop the radish leaves.