- A bunch of carrots
- 2 beetroot
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 500g broad beans
- 1 lemon
- A handful of mint
- 2 large handfuls of lamb’s lettuce
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Chop the tops off the bunch of carrots (keep the tops). Scrub the carrots. Quarter them. Pop them in a bowl.
2. Scrub, trim and chop the beetroot into wedges. Add to the carrots. Drizzle in 2 tsp olive oil. Season and turn to coat. Spread out on a baking tray. Roast for 25 mins till tender and a little charred.
3. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Pop the broad beans out of their pods. When the water is boiling, add the beans. Simmer for 2-3 mins till just cooked. Drain. Cool under cold running water.
4. Pop the green broad beans out of their grey skins. The easiest way is to squeeze one end till the bean pops out of the skin - do this over a bowl to catch them.
5. Zest the lemon. Add it to the beans. Pick the leaves off the mint sprigs. Shred the larger leaves. Add them to the beans with the lamb’s lettuce and a squeeze of juice from the lemon. Season.
6. Pop the chicken in a dish with 2 tsp olive oil. Season. Heat a griddle or frying pan. When it’s hot, add the chicken. Fry for 8-10 mins. Turn now and then till the chicken is golden and cooked through.
7. Roughly chop some of the carrot tops. Serve the chicken with the roast carrots, broad bean salad and another squeeze of juice from the lemon. Sprinkle with the chopped carrot tops.