- 500g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 330ml cherry tomato passata
- 1 lemon
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 50g sweet salad leaves
1. Scrub the potatoes and halve or quarter them so they're all the same size. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan or wok, then add the potatoes. Keep the heat set to medium-low and fry the potatoes, stirring every so often, for 10 mins till the potatoes are browned.
2. While the potatoes fry, peel and finely slice the onion. Trim the courgette, halve it lengthways then slice it into half-moons around 1cm thick. Halve the peppers, scoop out the seeds and white pith, and thickly slice the peppers. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
3. Stir the veg and garlic into the pan with the potatoes. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop on a lid and cook for another 10 mins, stirring every so often, till the veg are tender and have picked up a little colour.
4. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the pan (it's hot, so use as much or as little as you prefer) and pour in the cherry tomato passata. Put the lid back on the pan, turn the heat up a little and bring to the boil. Once it is boiling, turn the heat down a little and simmer for 5 mins, stirring every so often.
5. While the veg simmer, squeeze 1 tbsp lemon juice from the lemon into a bowl (around 15ml). Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to make a dressing.
6. Pick the oregano leaves off their sprigs and roughly chop the leaves. When the veg are tender, stir most of the oregano into them (keep a pinch back for garnishing). Taste and add a pinch more salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Spoon the pan-fry onto warm plates.
7. Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and heap up on the plate with the pan-fry. Garnish with the last of the oregano and serve.