- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp strongly brewed coffee
- 2 medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1 orange, zest and 1 tbsp juice
- 150g double cream or Berkeley farm luxury cream
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of sea salt
1. Tip the chocolate, spices, coffee, dates, orange zest and juice in a heat-proof bowl that will sit nicely over a simmering pan of hot water. Stir till just melted, squishing the dates with the back of the spoon to help them dissolve. Take off the heat to cool a bit.
2. Whip the cream in a clean bowl till thick and forming stiff peaks.
3. Separate the egg. Whip the yolk into the cream. Gently mix through. Tip the white and a pinch of salt into a clean mixing bowl. Whisk till glossy and meringue-like stiff.
4. Gently whip the spiced melted chocolate (once cooled) through the cream, adding it bit by bit. Whip the whites into the mix, little by little.
5. Pop into the fridge to chill before serving (or into the freezer if you want to speed the chilling process up).