- 4 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- 150g button mushrooms
- 100g kale
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 buckwheat ramen noodles nests
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml boiling water
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Peel and chop the shallots. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Peel and grate the ginger. Split the chilli lengthways in two and discard the white parts and seeds. Finely chop it.
2. Wipe the mushrooms clean with kitchen towel. Quarter them. Pull the kale leaves off the tough stalks. Discard the stalks. Roughly chop the leaves. Peel the carrots and cut them into batons.
3. Warm a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the shallots, ginger and garlic for 3 mins. Stir regularly. Add 1 tbsp curry paste and fry for 2 mins. Stir regularly.
4. Add the coconut milk, 600ml boiling water and the vegetable stock cube. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add the mushrooms, carrots and kale and simmer gently with a lid on the pan for 15 mins (if you don't have a lid, use a baking tray to cover the pan).
5. While the soup simmers, bring a separate pan of water to the boil. Add 2 nests of noodles. Simmer for 4 mins, pulling them apart with two forks. Drain, using a sieve, and run the noodles under cold water. Shake the sieve to get rid of any excess water.
6. Divide the noodles between two bowls and ladle the hot soup over the top, making sure each bowl gets plenty of delicious veggies.