- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- A thumb of ginger
- 100g kale
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 ltr boiling water
- 100g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 nests of rice noodles
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. When it’s boiling, carefully add the eggs. Simmer for 6 mins (or a few mins more if you prefer hard boiled eggs). Lift them out of the pan and place in a bowl of cold water. Leave to cool.
2. Peel and grate the garlic and the ginger. Slice the thick cores out of the kale leaves and finely shred the leaves.
3. Warm a large pan over a medium heat for 1 min. Add ½ tbsp olive oil plus the garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook and stir for 1 min.
4. Stir in 1 tsp of the curry powder. Crumble in the stock cube. Pour in 1 ltr boiling water. Cover and bring to the boil.
5. When the stock is boiling, add the mushrooms, kale and 2 tbsp of the tamari. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins, till the veg are cooked.
6. Add 2 nests of noodles to the pan. Put the lid back on and simmer for 5 mins. Taste the soup and add a little tamari if you think it needs it.
7. Ladle the soup and noodles into warm bowls. Carefully peel the eggs. Halve them and rest on top of the soup to serve, sprinkled with a little extra curry powder.