- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 800ml boiling water
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 courgettes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200g risotto rice
- A handful of wild garlic
- 2 tbsp Petit Chèvre goat's cheese
- 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
1. Fill a pan with 800ml boiling water. Crumble in the stock cube and stir to dissolve. Cover and bring the pan to a gentle simmer.
2. Peel the shallots and finely chop them. Peel the garlic clove and thinly slice it. Trim the tops off the courgettes and chop them into rough 1-2cm chunks. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Pour 1 tsp oil into a large pan or deep frying pan and warm to a medium heat. Slide in the chopped shallots, courgette, cherry tomatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Fry for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally, till softened. Add the rice and stir to mix. Cook, stirring often, for another 3 mins.
4. Add a splash of stock to the pan – around 100ml. Cook, stirring once or twice, till the rice has absorbed the stock. Add another large splash of stock to the pan and repeat, cooking till the stock is absorbed. Continue till you have around 200ml stock left. This should take around 20-25 mins. While the risotto is cooking, roughly chop the wild garlic leaves.
5. Add the remaining stock to the pan. Spoon in 2 tbsp goat’s cheese and add the wild garlic leaves. Squeeze in the juice from half the lemon. Stir well till the rice is creamy. Have a taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
6. Tip the rocket into a bowl and squeeze over the remaining lemon half. Toss to coat the leaves.
7. Spoon the risotto into a couple of shallow bowls and serve with the rocket salad on the side.