- 250g strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 thick slices of colomba
- A sprig of mint, leaves only
- Yogurt, to serve
Prep: 10 mins + macerating | Cook: 5 mins
1. Hull the strawberries, quarter them and pop them in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp each sugar and balsamic vinegar. Gently stir to mix, then leave the strawberries to macerate for 30 mins-1 hr.
2. When you're ready to serve, slice 2 thick slices from the centre of the colomba. Toast under a preheated grill or in a griddle pan over a medium heat for around 2 mins on each side – the colomba is sugary, so it will toast quickly. Keep your eye on it and take it out of the heat as soon as it is golden brown on both sides.
3. Finely chop a couple of mint leaves.
4. Halve the slices of toasted colomba and put 2 halves on each plate. Spoon the strawberries and their sweet balsamic juices over the top. Add a spoonful of Greek yogurt and scatter with the mint leaves. Serve straight away.
5. Sweet Swaps
No colomba available? Swap it for panettone.