- 3 vine tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 500g new potatoes
- 45g butter, softened
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- 290g cod cheeks
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Warm your oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 5. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Slice the tomatoes into 2cm thick slices and arrange them onto the baking tray. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove. Sprinkle the chopped garlic over the tomato slices and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil. Slide the tomatoes into the oven and roast for 35-40 mins.
2. Meanwhile, scrub the new potatoes and cut any larger ones into bitesize chunks. Tumble the new potatoes into a pan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt and pop the pan onto the hob. Bring to the boil, then simmer the potatoes for 10-15 mins, till tender.
3. Scoop half of the softened butter into a small bowl. Finely chop the parsley and add it to the bowl. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in half of the juice. Add 1 tbsp capers and a little salt and pepper and stir well.
4. Pour 1 tsp oil into a frying pan and warm to a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the cod cheeks. Fry the cod cheeks for 5 mins, turning once, till golden. After 5 mins, scoop the parsley butter into the pan. fry the cod cheeks and butter together for 1 mins, spooning the melted butter over the fish.
5. When the potatoes have cooked, drain them through a sieve and allow to steam dry for 1 min. Tip the potatoes into a bowl and add the remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss together till coated.
6. Divide the cod cheeks, potatoes and roasted tomatoes between plates. Add handfuls of lamb's lettuce leaves and serve with wedges of the remaining lemon half.