- 400g greens - kale, chard, cavolo nero or spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- ½ chilli
- A 400g tin of coconut milk
- A handful of cashews (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Strip or trim any woody or thick stalks from your greens, if they've got them. Keep any softer or baby leaves whole. If you're working with kale or cavelo nero, roughly chop or pile it all into a food processor and pulse till chopped.
2. Peel and finely chop your garlic and ginger. Thinly slice your chilli. Set a frying pan over a high heat. Add the aromatics with 1 tbsp coconut milk. Stir till the spices are softened.
3. Add the remaining coconut milk. Simmer for 5 mins or till warmed through.
4. Swirl in your greens. Cook over low heat just till tender but still bright green. Season to taste.
5. Toast your cashews, if using, in a frying pan set over a medium heat till golden. Add a pinch of salt. Scatter over the creamy greens before serving.