- 1 pomegranate
- 250ml coconut water
- 2 bananas
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 handfuls of baby leaf spinach
- A few ice cubes
1. Slice the pomegranate in half on the equator. Hold one pomegranate half loosely in your hand, cut side down. Hold it over a bowl. Whack it soundly with a wooden spoon and the pomegranate seeds should fall out into the bowl. Repeat with the other half, and pull any seeds that don’t shake free from the pomegranate.
2. Scoop all the pomegranate seeds into your blender and pour in the coconut water. Blitz for a few mins till smooth, then pour through a sieve into a jug or bowl to catch any unblended bits of pomegranate seed. Press the pomegranate pulp with the back of a spoon to squeeze out any last drops of juice. Pour the pomegranate and coconut water mix back into the blender. Discard the pulp.
3. Peel and break the bananas into the blender. Pop the stones out of the dates and add the dates to the blender. Tuck in the baby leaf spinach. Add a few ice cubes.
4. Blitz till smooth and combined. Pour into glasses and serve straight away.