- 200g portobello mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 aubergine
- 225g smoked tofu
- A handful of coriander
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 chilli
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 50g rocket
- 3½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat your grill to a high setting. Trim the courgette and cut it into 1cm-thick long, diagonal slices. Peel the onion and cut it into 1cm-thick rounds. Trim the aubergine and cut into 1cm-thick rounds.
2. Place the sliced veg in a large bowl and add the portobello mushrooms. Pour in 2 tbsp olive oil with plenty of seasoning and toss.
3. Lay the veg in a single layer on a foil-lined tray. You may need to cook the veg in 2 batches, using a couple of baking trays.
4. Slide the veg under the grill for 6-8 mins till cooked on one side. Flip the veg over and cook for a further 5-7 mins. Keep an eye on it – you don't want the veg to burn. Meanwhile, cut the smoked tofu into 6 slices.
5. Finely chop the coriander and parsley leaves and stalks. Place in a bowl. Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds for less heat if you prefer. Finely chop a quarter of the rocket leaves and add those. Scatter in 2 tsp dried oregano and pour in 2 tbsp red wine vinegar with 1 tbsp oil. Mix with plenty of salt and pepper.
6. When the veg is nearly cooked, place a frying pan on a high heat. Pour in ½ tbsp oil then add the tofu slices. Fry for 3 mins on each side.
7. Tumble the grilled veg and fried tofu into a large bowl and pour over half the chimichurri dressing. Toss together gently to coat everything well.
8. Scatter the remaining rocket onto a couple of plates. Lay slices of veg on top, piling up layers of veg and tofu. Drizzle over the remaining chimichurri dressing. to serve