- ½ celeriac
- 1 garlic clove or ½ an onion
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 heaped tsp herbs or spice*
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp flour (any kind will work)
- A few glosses of oil, for cooking
*We used fresh thyme but cumin is also grand
1. Peel and coarsely grate your celeriac.
2. Peel and finely chop or grate your garlic or onion. Tumble in with the celeriac, along with the eggs, herb or spice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Dust in 1 tbsp flour. Add more till the mix is nicely coated and not too wet or too dry.
4. Get a large frying pan hot. Gloss with oil. Scoop your mix into golf ball-sized dollops. Add to the pan, cooking in batches. Flatten the balls so they’re like little patties.
5. Sizzle till golden on each side.