- 250g broad beans, shelled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 175ml chicken stock
- 125g bacon, smoked
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool. Peel and discard the outer skins.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium–high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the broad beans and bacon and sauté for a further 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broad beans are tender.
3. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.