- 450g broad beans, shelled
- 100g streaky bacon, smoked
- 100g mushrooms, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Steam the broad beans for 5–6 minutes and then rinse immediately — this will keep their bright green colour.
2. Cut the rind from the bacon and dice. Put a little water in a pan and fry gently for a while then turn up the heat and fry until crisp.
3. Toss the beans, bacon and mushrooms together in a bowl. Blend the ingredients for the dressing together and then pour over the salad. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs if desired. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper (optional).